The following is my record during the period I was the Member of Parliament for Leicester East from 2010-2015.
On average, from 2010-2015, my office and I:
– Saw 475 constituents in person per month
– Wrote to 784 constituents per month
– Received 1820 emails per month
– Responded to 309 constituent telephone calls per month
The independent website www.theyworkforyou.com makes the following observations of my record:
– I spoke in 117 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
– I received answers to 154 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
– I replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com (during 2008, according to constituents)